Friday, October 24, 2014

Smash WiiU Direct & ORAS Demo

So last night, Nintendo livestreamed a 50 fact extravaganza for Smash WiiU and I have to say, the hype is real. Out of everything announced I have to say the three things that really stood out to me were

1. 8 Man Smash - because getting my butt kicked by three other players just wasn't enough. I actually think this will be really fun, especially when watching livestreams. I would say real life, but let's be honest here I don't have seven friends, let alone seven friends that game.

2. Bowser Jr and Koopalings Join the Battle trailers - Honestly, my favorite part about all the lead up to Smash are the Join the Battle. I just absolutely adore them and I'm actually excited that they will be in the full game because I'll just sit there and watch them all. I really liked this though, because it caused hype for characters we already knew about, while slightly misleading us for the new character announcement. Plus, the trailer is gorgeous and Bowser Jr kinda wrecked Mario.

3. Mewtwo confirmed - Look, I don't even care about Mewtwo in the slightest as a Smash character, but I think everyone got at least a little bit hyped when it was revealed that they were putting 'him' in the game. I also think it shows that Nintendo listens to fans at least a little, as they've been whining asking for Mewtwo to be back in Smash for a while now.

If you didn't catch it already, I really suggest watching the Direct if not only for how fantastic the Smash Announcer is. He's amazing, really.

Now for Pokemon. I got the ORAS demo code in the newsletter a few days ago and I have to say I am really disappointed. I completed the demo (having done all ten adventures that give you stuff) in less than thirty minutes and it was just kind of a let down. What really bothered me though was not the fact the I was forced to play as a guy, cause I don't really mind that. What bothered me was that my name was Orlando. ORLANDO. I don't even care that I couldn't name him myself, but at least name him Brendan. Orlando.... so dumb. And yeah everyone's bashing Mega Glalie, I don't really mind it. What I'm really hoping for is that since my favorite Pokemon, Gallade, gets a mega this game that my second favorite, Froslass, might eventually get one (seeing as Froslass is to Glalie, as Gallade is to Gardevoir.)

Holding out hope, man.

~ Zephyr♥

Does anyone know why the name Kakigori is allowed for Pokemon? That was originally what I was trying to name my Glalie, but it wouldn't allow it. Now it's named Blue Hawaii. I didn't really like it at first, but now it's grown on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment