Thursday, December 4, 2014

Review - Pokemon Alpha Sapphire



Released - 11|21|14
Platform - 3DS
Starter Pokemon - Mudkip (named Marin)

Summary
Make your way back to Hoenn and re-experience the story from Gen III in lush 3D graphics.

Opinions
For me, Hoenn was the one region I always wanted to go to but never did. I didn't start playing Pokemon until Soul Silver and Gen III was out of reach. So obviously when these remakes were announced, I was on board. Seriously, though, these games are good.

The updated graphics and soundtrack are absolutely beautiful. The story, now a bit rewritten to include both Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion, is probably my favorite Pokemon story yet. I also really liked my rivals, Wally and Brendan, though the still aren't near as "rival-ly" as Silver. One of the best features included, in my opinion, is the Dex Nav. The Dex Nav tells you when you have caught all the Pokemon in an area and also gives better "potential" for searched Pokemon when finding them several times. The Delta Episode also provides a short post game story, that I think adds a lot to the game plot wise.

If you don't have the patience or ability to transfer Pokemon from previous gens, fret not, With the exception of a few legendaries, you can complete your Pokedex with just X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

Final Thoughts
If you are a fan of Pokemon or even new to the series, just get this game or Omega Ruby. Though it's lacking the Battle Frontier (hoping for DLC *fingers crossed*), this remake is well worth the money.

Score - 7.8 too much water 9.5/10

~ Zephyr ♥

So I'm really having trouble finding flaws in this game. I even like the amount of water in it! And I hate surfing! But I like it in this game, I don't know why, maybe because it fits with the region so well? And why is Steven Stone like the most gorgeous champion ever? This game prolly has my favorite trainers and gym leaders of any game. AND did you guys even listen to the amazing music and beautiful background in the final rival battle (before elite four)? Oh my gosh, I didn't even want to battle because I just wanted to listen and stare. Also, I felt bad that I got a Gallade from Super Training, but was going to happen regardless since Gallade is my favorite Pokemon and I always have him on my team. Also, this is the first time that I made an effort to nickname all the Pokemon on my team (though I don't nickname legandaries.) Before I only nicknamed my Gallade and his name is always Regent ^_^  Wow this is a long post-review, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment