Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Review - Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS



Released - 10|3\14
Platform - 3DS
Main - Fierce Deity Link

Summary
Join your friends and fight using a million Nintendo and a few other characters in giant free for all that should be used to end every fight you've ever had in your life. Now portable, for your convenience.

Opinions
Now let me start by saying that I am a terrible Smash player. Like really, I seriously suck. But regardless, I still love the series. I've been playing since my older sister stole her brother's GameCube and PS2 and games for me (well, indirectly for me.) And I enjoyed Brawl, so don't expect any hardcore Melee elitism from me either.

Smash 3DS plays surprisingly well for a portable version of the game, but it is definitely the inferior version. I found that the smash attacks felt a bit slippery, but otherwise it controlled fine. The loading times can be obnoxiously long sometimes. The online seemed to play fine, but I don't think I was on it long enough to really get a good feel for it. There was occasional lag, but nothing too bad.

This Smash has introduced the For Fun and For Glory options for online, but I wouldn't dare touch For Glory because of the pile of shame I would be reduced to. Smash Run was also introduced in this Smash and while a fun distraction from just endless fights, it does tend to feel repetitive after a while. Street Smash, the streetpass function for this game, is fun but only lasts a minute or two generally.

Final Thoughts
For those of you who can't afford or don't want a Wii U or just really hate buying DLC (Mewtwo is free when owning both versions), but still want the fun of Smash - get this version. Otherwise, just skip it for the Wii U version. It's not bad, just inferior.

Score - 6.5/10

~ Zephyr ♥

While I say Link is my main, I still haven't really decided who it is going to be. But I mean Link looks so glorious with that Fierce Deity skin, I really can't help myself. In the previous games I played a lot with Zelda, but now that Zelda and Sheik are separate characters it's a bit strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment