Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Top Ten - Songs from Final Fantasy I-V

10. Troian Beauty from Final Fantasy IV

There is something very calming and different about this track that always stood out to me. I think it fits the name really well, as well.

9. Aria, the Maiden of Water from Final Fantasy III



This song is really emotional, especially in the DS version where Aria has more of a bond with one of your characters. There is just this soothing sorrow that weaves itself in this song that's hard to forget.

8. Mt. Gulg from Final Fantasy I



I can't really put my finger on what I like about this song, I just find it very interesting. 

7. Crystal Tower from Final Fantasy III



I remember playing through Final Fantasy III for the first time, my first Final Fantasy game and the game I contribute to giving me my love of RPGs and gaming in general. There was something about entering the Crystal Tower and hearing this song that, though I struggled through the entire game, really made me feel like sh!t was about to get real.

6. The Rebel Army from Final Fantasy II



There's something about this song that makes me want to go pick wild roses... But really, this song is so beautiful and just sums up Final Fantasy II for me.

5. Battle on the Big Bridge from Final Fantasy V



I feel like this is one of those songs that you have to try to actively dislike, because it's just so good that you kinda have to like it. And it seems like most everyone agrees since I think this song has had more remixes and been in more Final Fantasy games than any other. 

4. Battle 1 from Final Fantasy III



Please, just imagine picking up a Final Fantasy game for the first time. The initial battle you're thrown into to teach you the ropes. That is this song for me.

3. Crystal Cave from Final Fantasy III
 

The song that first transported me to a new world and made me a Guardian of the Wind Crystal.

2. Zephyr Memories - Lengend of the Eternal Wind//Eternal Wind from Final Fantasy III



Just look at the names, there really is no way that I wouldn't love these songs. Zephyr Memories, I swear, single handedly pulled me into games for life. I mean I had never really played a game like this before and the single commercial I saw of it made me want to buy it - the first game I had ever bought with me own money! And then upon starting it up, I was presented this beautiful FMV that dared me, DARED ME, not to fall absolutely in love with this game. Eternal Wind just kept reminding why I was in love with this world and why I was there.

1. Let Me Know The Truth//Doga and Unei from Final Fantasy III



I don't know what to say about these songs except that they're magic. They literally feel like magic to me. It's the kind of song that just roots its way into your soul and infects your whole being. It brings me to tears sometimes to be honest. 

Well, that's my top ten! How about you guys? What are your favorite songs from the first five Final Fantasy games?

~ Zephyr ♥

Bonus! I found this video while I was searching and it's absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment