Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Top Ten - Songs from Final Fantasy VI-X

10. Zanarkand from Final Fantasy X


Zanarkand is such a sad, yet beautiful piece of music, its almost haunting.

9. A Place To Call Home from Final Fantasy IX

Another piece that sounds quite sad to me, but it also very interesting. Its become quite iconic to me.

8. Let The Battles Begin from Final Fantasy VII

I think this is actually one of my top battle themes, it creates a nice bit of tension without being overwhelming.

7. Otherworld from Final Fantasy XIII

I know a lot of people don't like this song, but I absolutely adore it. It's one of my favorite lyric songs in games, plus it's just kinda badass. I mean when you actually start the game this is pretty much the first song to play, so it always gets me super hype.

6. Man With The Machine Gun from Final Fantasy VIII


I don't really remember how much I liked this before two things made it into the top ten. 1. Theatrhythm - one of my favorite tracks to play on ultimate. 2. The remix song on the Final Fantasy Tribute album (The Man with the Machine Gun ~ Let the Battles Begin! ~ Battle Theme.) Regardless, its a really good song that I am happy to get stuck in my head.

5. Battle from Final Fantasy VI


Though The Decisive Battle is prolly more well known then the normal battle theme, this one holds a special place in my heart (lots of nostalgia included.) Also, its in that absolutely amazing remix I mentioned above.

4. Terra's Theme from Final Fantasy VI

Another song that holds a special nostalgic place in my heart. It always gives me this almost desperate, yet triumphant us vs the world feeling that feels kinda empowering.

3. Suteki De Ne (Isn't It Wonderful?) from Final Fantasy X


I really can't even describe how beautiful this song is. I have to hold back tears every time I hear it. Counting now.

2. Something To Protect/Roses of May from Final Fantasy IX


What I really like about these songs is that it translate really well from an emotional and romantic character theme to a pretty awesome more upbeat theme. I love them both.

1. Servants of the Mountain from Final Fantasy X


I could listen to this song for hours on end. If you haven't figured it out yet, I have a soft spot for these sad and lonely sounding songs, but this is just so good. It has this whole atmosphere to it that I just feel absolutely enveloped by.

Why It Wasn't Included

Dancing Mad from Final Fantasy VI
Its not that I dislike the song or anything, but its just not a favorite. Its really long and crazy and its orchestra renditions are amazing, but otherwise it just doesn't do it for me.

One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy VII
I feel like this is the song that everyone and their mom loves. And they have reason to - its great! But the Final Fantasy VII original version just isn't something I love, especially since the version I always listened to was from something else.

~ Zephyr ♥

Some more extras for you! 

I love this version of Let the Battles Begin, but even more so...



I put this song because its related to this countdown, but my favorite is actually Battle on the Big Bridge. Really just give like all their songs a good listen, cause they are pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment