Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Review - Bayonetta



Released - 10|24|14 (1|5|10)

Platform - Wii U (PS3, Xbox 360)


Summary
A witch must fight her way through hordes of heaven's finest to uncover her lost memories and find the Eyes of the World.

Opinion
This game is a bit weird for me. I don't know if its because I made me super frustrated or because I was trying to rush through it, but as someone who really cherishes the narrative value of a game (meaning I like plots) I just didn't really care. Once you get to the more or less 'big reveal' in the story, I don't know I just kinda lost interest.

That's not to say the game is bad or anything because it is not. The combat is really fun and some of the most enjoyable I've played in a while. It's mainly just about chaining combos, summoning demons with your hair, and dodging to activate Witch Time. And I love it. What I don't really care for are all the quicktime button mashes, but I can deal cause they don't really bother me that much unless they cause a cheap death. What does bother me is how absurdly hard the timed events were, at least for me. They seemed to be the leading cause of death. But aside from that, it really is lots of fun.

What I didn't really like is the amount of sexuality shoved into my eyeholes at every given chance. Look, we all know that Bayonetta is damn sexy and I'm alright with that. I'm not okay with the fact that it mainly turns into blatant amounts of fan service that make me uncomfortable playing when other people are in the house. Even understanding people, even people who play games. And that leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

Final Thoughts
I feel like I made this sound like a bad game when it really isn't even close to one. It's just one of those kind of games, I guess. This game is fun, but it's damn hard. And I was playing on normal difficulty. Good luck.

Score - 7/10

~ Zephyr ♥

I don't really think that my score would change if I took my time playing, but then again this game is pretty fast paced so it doesn't really lend itself to 'taking your time'. But seriously, go try this game out.

No comments:

Post a Comment