Thursday, March 19, 2015

Review - The Sims 4



Released - 9|2|14

Platform - PC (Origin)

Summary
Create characters and control their lives! From careers and personalities to families and living spaces, its all up to you to make sure they don't kill themselves by setting a fire when they're chopping vegetables.

Opinions
I tried to play the Sims 3 back when it was released in an Origin Humble Bundle along with a couple of pieces of DLC. It wasn't bad, but I just never got really super in to it. I decided to give Sims 4 a chance. I don't regret it. I don't know why it sucked me in this time. Maybe it was because I created a bunch of characters instead of letting my Sim date the pre made losers, maybe it's because I've created woven storylines for the characters, maybe its because my Sim had twin boys on the first try (and now I don't know if they are still there because I haven't redownloaded it since my hard drive died :D) but this time around I am definitely invested.

I really love the more colorful and cartoonish look of the Sims this time around. The entire interface feels really clean to me actually. And they gave us pools for free! I know the Sims revolves around lots and lots of paid DLC, but I'm not judging that - I'm only looking at the core game. And to be honest, it feels a bit sparse. Especially in the character customization department. Just compare the bare minimum of hairstyles in the third entry to the current one and you'll see what I mean.

Final Thoughts
The Sims 4 is far from a bad game, but it does feel like an incomplete one. But I still think you should play because it truly is lots of fun.

Score - 7.8/10 too much DLC

~ Zephyr ♥

But seriously though, the amount of money you have to spend on DLC for these games is absolute insanity. And we still pay for it! We all gone cray cray.

No comments:

Post a Comment